THERAPEUTIC YOGA FOR BACK PAIN
Saturdays – 10:30am (EST)/3:30pm (GMT) beginning January 7 through to January 28 (inclusive)
Yoga Therapy for Back Pain is a 4-week comprehensive course designed for those seeking to manage both the physical experience of back pain and the resulting residual stress & anxiety symptoms. This course is a virtual/Zoom Based program that you can access in the comfort and safety of your own home/environment. Take some time to understand the way chronic pain manifests uniquely for you and empower yourself with tools you can use in your daily life to combat your pain experience.
The course combines education and self-assessment with specific yoga techniques (including – but not limited to – movement, pranayama, meditation, self-myofascial release, sound healing, and tapping). We will draw on research from the fields of chronic pain management, physiotherapy, psychotherapy and neuroscience.
Investment for full 4 week course is $250CDN or £158.00 UK. This includes:
- Preliminary individualized one-on-one assessment (physical, holistic) with program lead – 60-90 mins in length
- 4 weekly x 45-60 min group training sessions (pre-scheduled) with 7 day access to recording of group session following the group session for personal practice purposes
- one weekly 15 min private(one-on-one) check in with program lead throughout length of the 4 week program
- take-home materials, practice tools/exercises and movement recommendations based on your unique expression of chronic pain
- one post program assessment and discussion with program lead – 30 mins
- The program is limited to a maximum of 5 participants.
- Note that there is a moderate amount of gentle physical movement, (strength, mobility and flexibility) training involved in this program.